Nail fungus is an infection. Because nail fungus victims can hide their symptoms for some time, the infection is often not taken seriously. A fungus infection may have different symptoms to more commonly known infections however you can greatly reduce your chances of infection and your ability to recover from them by paying attention to diet and exercise and generally living a healthy lifestyle.
Fight Toenail Fungus Infections Here are 8 practical suggestions to follow.
1. Eat Fresh. A whole-food diet including at keravita pro least 2 portions of fresh fruit and vegetables every day is the foundation of a strong immune system. These foods have anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals which protect against disease. Look at your diet and see which processed foods you can replace with fresh produce.
2. Cook with herbs and spices. Certain herbs and spices have known body defense qualities – for example garlic is a natural antibiotic, oregano is known to have anti-fungal properties. A good cookbook can give you ideas for recipes to try and garlic can be taken as capsules.
3. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, refined sugar and fatty foods. They are known to actually depress the immune system, making the body more prone to fungal infection.
4. Take a daily multivitamin supplement. Because you are unlikely to get the required dose of nutrients in your daily food intake, a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement helps the body get what it needs to maintain a healthy immune system.
5. Exercise regularly. Whether this is walking, swimming, running or another activity, exercising 2-3 times a week for at least 30 minutes increases your body’s ability to fight infections.
6. Reduce your exposure to infection. Public showers, baths, swimming pools, locker rooms etc are all potential places you can get an infection, particularly a nail fungus infection. Wear flip flops in public showers, never share towels and personal items, wash your hands thoroughly and change your clothes regularly.
7. Get enough sleep. Find what works for your body as lack of sleep prevents the body form restoring itself lowering its ability to stave off infections. It’s also important to sleep well – if you are sleeping badly, find out the cause and eliminate it.
8. No stress. Studies are increasingly showing how stress impacts the body’s immune system. Make a serious effort to eliminate stress by including relaxation techniques in your daily life. Meditation, regular massage therapy or having a relaxing hobby like gardening can reduce stress levels, leaving your body better equipped to fight infection.